abril 15, 2008

Sherlock Holmes Stories

This is the first time that I read about Sherlock Homes, after one or two of these stories I understand that it have to be a big mistake because the majority of those stories are amazing. The stories were wrote by Watson the best friend of Holmes and he describes the adventures in an excellent way that you can imagine every detail.

As I Said the majority of the stories that we read for tis fisrt part, I like but I have to metion only two, the best and the worst for me.
I am going to start with the one that I didn´t like, well I like it but I didn´t find it as interesting than the other, is one called "The Man with the Twisted Lip". This story is about a beggar that used to be a reporter for a newspaper but when he found that he can get more mony as a beggar he changed her proffession, but he used a disguise to cover his appereance, one they his wife thought he had been murdered in an opium house, but the true was that he was working there, the police confused him and take to jail. It was surprising how Holmes obtain the really story, but it was not as fantastic than others, the story was so weak.
The story that I really enjoy is one called "the final problem", it´s very interesting because the mistery and the danger appears since the beggining, because Sherlock Holmes was afraid and the story was really different because he was in danger, a very intelligent criminal was her enemy and Holmes had to scape but at the same time he had a personal crisis because he thought that if he can´t stop to this criminal his life hadn´t sense. The way that Watson describe the datails and the way that Holmes scape were really good, but the best part was the end when Watson told us that Holmes died, a big disaster, since in the next story ("The Empty House") you discover that he didn´t die he only was sike and the ones that really dioed was the criminal.

I really recomended those stories because the stories were full of adventures, mistery surprise and an excellent description way taht give you good entreteiment for a while.

1 comentario:

Verónica Poujol dijo...

Hi! Your report is good. You respected the format ( introduction, analysis...etc), and your grammar and coherence was rather well too. My only objection was the lenght. I found it a bit too short.

Mark: 8